We are constantly looking for talented system engineers and operators. All positions open right now are hands-on technical roles and are an excellent fit for those who want a fast moving environment where IT is the product! Here, we are not an "internal support organization", but the core team that serves outside customers.
The room for growth is plenty and many future options exist since you can go deep into an area of expertise or go broader.
In your technical role you'll be spending the majority of the work day connected over VPN to our data centers implementing and managing the environments you are responsible for. You'll be expected to build systems from scratch, troubleshoot problems and work with vendors on issues. Every day you'll make decisions that are best for our customers who trust us to run their entire IT infrastructure. Just to be clear, we are a team of server side or data center engineers that perform high grade work. We neither do first level help desk support, nor any staff augmentation (on-site) work.
In your workflow management role you'll help interpret requirements from customers and create work breakdown structures. You will communicate continuously with the customers, partners and vendors externally; and coordinate the activities of engineers, operators and subject experts internally. Over time customers will come to consider you as the primary interface into Stratogent and you must be able to work with customers directly with a service mindset.
Some information about the work environment and soft skills. There is little hierarchy here, zero politics and a "get things done" mindset. Team play and clear communications earn us success, so good written and verbal communication skills are required to succeed in this role. We are an operations company, so you must be prepared for work outside of the 8 to 5 routine. The other side of that coin is that you will have flexibility in your hours to accommodate family needs and activities.
We offer excellent health, vision, dental and other standard benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For positions in San Mateo, please send resumes to:
. For positions in Bangalore, please send resumes to:
IT Manager (Solution Delivery) (ID: 2013-09) (Location: San Mateo)
We are looking for an IT Manager for Solution Delivery. We believe that the right candidate will have anywhere between 12-15 years of experience, with a solid technical background, combined with a keen ability to communicate well in both verbal and written form. Must have the ability to manage multiple tracks of work.
The right candidate should have a minimum experience of 12 years in information technology infrastructure of which at least 2+ years of experience is in handling a team of IT administrators. Experience managing external clients (not internal IT) would be an added advantage.
Required Technical skills :
• Must be technical, with hands-on experience of system administration, preferably experience of Windows server side infrastructure (Windows 2008, 2012 / Active Directory / Clustering / Exchange 2007, 2010, etc.). For the right candidate we are flexible about the specific technical background as long as one demonstrates mature and logical thinking when faced with projects and troubleshooting tasks.
• This is a team leadership position, so people and workload management skills are mandatory.
• Need to have a "zero drop" mindset regarding technical details, task items and keen on chasing up in order to accomplish closure. The ability to multi-task is a requirement and you must be highly organized. The right candidate will be able to keep a cool head in the face of daunting pressure, and will use good judgment in managing time. Being able to keep track of a multitude of emails, tickets, meeting minutes, etc. needs to be a personality attribute.
• There will be a lot of customer communication, so writing ability (email) and verbal communications (conference calls) needs to be top notch. Much of our internal communication as well as communication with customers are done over email. Your emails must contain more than inscrutable one-liners that leave customers and co-workers wondering what you are talking about. You must have the ability to look at the email you are about to send and objectively decide whether or not you have included enough context in the email for the recipients to understand what you are trying to express to them.
• A potential candidate for this position MUST be motivated to take ownership of their assigned customer environments, have the curiosity to explore it, and think of ways to make it better. We are not looking for passive candidates who wait for issues to arrive and then “work or reassign the ticket”. We want people who actively seek out work and improve both the environments that they are responsible for and their own technical skill set.
• Prior experience working at an ISP/Managed Services/IT Services company is preferred, and background in dealing with global teams and remote teams will be a strong plus.
• A strong plus will be breadth of technical experience i.e. you have done enough in networking, storage, backups, etc. areas to be able to approach projects and troubleshooting tasks with proper perspective.
• Technical decision making after studying issues from several angles. Will need to perform technical tasks that "fall through" the gaps in the overall team. Own a set of technical functions in order to supplement the team's capabilities or bandwidth.
• Responsible for creating project work breakdown structures, plan resource utilization and tenaciously manage tracks of work encompassing the whole team. This requires spending a lot of time triaging tickets, running through email chains and quick discussions with team members.
• Manage and mitigate crisis incidents through excellent coordination, resourcefulness, post mortems, reporting and change management.
• Responsible for service level agreement (SLA) adherence and reporting to customer and Stratogent management.
• Attend scheduled meetings (conference calls or in-person meetings) for regular work planning, change control reviews and one-off projects. Responsible for coming up with the proper agenda items for many of these meetings.
Senior Network/Security Administrator (ID:2013-07) (Location: San Mateo)
We are looking for a Sr. Network/Security Engineer to be responsible for the day-to-day administration and support of all network infrastructure/services. This includes, but is not limited to, any related hardware, software, processes, documentation and issue troubleshooting. If chosen to be a part of our team, you will participate in many exciting network and technology deployment projects, as well as, provide hands-on technical support. We believe that the right candidate will have anywhere between 6-12 years of experience, with the majority of that time spent working with Cisco networking infrastructure.
Required Technical skills :
· Must have worked hands-on and in-depth with firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA 55xx) and switches (e.g. Cisco 3650, 45xx) and SSL VPN solutions (e.g. Cisco , Juniper)
· Must have an understanding of, and be able to learn details of network monitoring solutions (e.g. NMIS, Solarwinds, etc.) and essential network management tools (e.g. wireshark, rancid, etc.)
· Knowledge of as many of the below technologies will be a strong plus
o Load balancers like Cisco ACE, Citrix Netscaler, BigIP F5, etc.
o WAN accelerators like Riverbed, Cisco WAAS, etc.
o New technologies from Cisco e.g. Nexus and UCS
o Wireless LAN technologies like Cisco or Aruba
· Install, configure and manage all network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers and AP's, SSL VPN, WAN compression, etc.)
· Maintain and ensure the reliability and performance of all LAN, WAN, and VPN components and technologies across our customers
· Respond, troubleshoot, identify root cause and remediate issues in a complete, documented and timely manner.
· Provide on-call support for network systems as required.
· Ensure that appropriate monitoring, alerting and logging mechanisms are in place and functioning optimally all the time
· Create, maintain and ensure the accuracy of all documentation related to network hardware, software, configurations and processes
· Maintain and ensure that backups of all configurations are done on a routine and consistent basis
· Maintain network equipment for worldwide sites. Replace hardware (working with on-site resources), resolve technical issues and manage support with manufacturers and ISPs
· Ensure compliance and provide evidence as required for regulatory audits (e.g. SOX)
· Identify current operational process inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement
Windows Admin (ID:2013-03) (Location: Bangalore)
Worked on at least one of IBM, HP, Dell server grade hardware. Must have worked on server side system administration (Windows 2003/2008), installed OS, services like IIS/FTP/LDAP/AD/Exchange, etc. A minimum of 8 years of industry experience will be the right fit.